Wednesday, October 29, 2008

halleluha, halleluha.....

so i apparently can not figure out time....i promised big news in 12 hours, then of course, i realized last night i meant 24 hours, and by the time we got home from the football game and i got the girls to bed i knew i did not have it in me to sit at the computer, so here we are 36 hours after my last posting!
annie slept through the night finally.....either she was truly exhausted (yesterday was a long day) or some higher power was looking out for me. i think i have said it before...but, i am not a cuddler, in my sleep anyway. i prefer to face away from the bed wrapped around a pillow...i do believe it is because i am never alone, never ever alone. i am working on this though, i have a new thought if jeff has to go back to new orleans next week, say around the first of the week i am going to fly out and stay two days sans kiddos. i will beg and plead with one of the grammies to stay here and let me wonder the streets of NO alone with my own thoughts, sleep past 7am, watch cheesy lifetime movies in my underwear (well, maybe not in my underwear) and veg out on restaurant food (but, i must force myself to contain my calorie intake...)! we will see if i can actually do it....
yesterday was one of those days of which i thought i would not make it....it started with forcing cade out the door for morning detention because of his tardies (again). i do feel bad because one of his many tardies was clearly my fault but hey, i can only get angry so many mornings in a row before i just give up. totally off subject, but, i even got him up thirty minutes early today and yet it was another "i am going to strangle you if you do not get out the door this minute moment".
anyhoo....from 8:00 on yesterday i was running....almost literally! but, i guess i really don't have to go through the horrid day with you. however, i did have a moment with annie in the bank where i actually thought about walking out the door and pretending like the girls did not belong to me. in our lack of communication that comes with both jeff and i being really busy, brain-fried and exhausted, i needed a name from him for a cashier's check for the job in new orleans, one he said needed to be overnighted three days ago....as i am trying to contain two children who have been locked in carseats all morning in the bank lobby a brilliant idea hits me. give annie a sucker...she will sit still and wonder where all this yummy gooey stickiness comes from...yeah right, in a matter of moments she was off my lap and trying to race crawl across the lobby with the sucker in her mouth. yes, i know, extremely dangerous... but, i did wonder for a moment if i should not just let her go, so i jump up and go to grab her and she wiggles out of my hands, throws herself on the ground flat and begins to scream, not cry, scream at the top of her lungs with the sucker still in mouth! while part of me wanted to run as fast as i could out the door, i stopped picked her up and told the teller once i got the needed info from my dear husband i would pull through outside. buckling both girls in the monster suv, i literally thought my heartrate would blow up my already overworked brain....may not make sense, but when you are in one of those moments it is hard to determine which is which, your whole body feels like it will burst into a thousand pieces.
so, that is all i will share of my long long day....except my big news.....
oh, shit annie is up from her nap....i guess you will have to wait another few hours!

No comments: