Sunday, August 24, 2008

public warning....again.

hey moms and probably some of you dads out there i have one that is just itching away inside for me to rant on...let me set the scene for you before i jump on that damn soapbox i love to stand on and wave my finger at all those little people below, you know the ones i am certain i am better than.
so, here is the scene.....pushing double big as a house jogging stroller (for those looking, i personally recommend the bob) out the doors of dillards this afternoon. izzy sitting on the edge as she likes to do with every other person walking past us lunging for her as if i don't know she may fall off any second (by the way she won't and if she doesn't the ground is not that far away) and me carrying baby "oh my goodness how can this child be so heavy" because she has had enough of the stroller for one day. anyhoo, dear nephew is with me but he at this point is too into checking out the all the "wow do your parents know you wore that outfit to the mall where there will most likely be teenage boys looking you up and down" girls to notice my struggle to the monster suv. (off subject, but, thank you for the huge drop in the price of gas, i was beginning to think i might have to drive a prius with a wagon attached to the back of it and furniture straps to tie off my monster stroller to the roof) i start the truck before we get in to start the air....take first baby to the back and whip out my handy dandy box with everything one may need from changing a diaper to mapping out a cross atlantic trip in my boat of a truck in it and begin the diaper change. i have gotten pretty good at this because used to i would have to hit the remote start button again before i finished but now i can complete all pre-travel tasks before the 10 minute remote start shuts off. ok, ok....with izzy bouncing around the seats in the middle and annie screaming and squirming out of the diaper change i notice a white cadillac packed full of young girls sitting there staring me down waiting for my front row spot and my blood starts to rise. ok, annie now safely buckled in, chase izzy down in the back, changer her diaper, wipe cookie from hands and face, find sippy cup full of who knows what, and strap her in and all the while white cadillac is still sitting there waiting for my spot. and i could possibly understand if i was parked outside the gallaria in dallas but i am at ridgmar mall, not exactly the busiest place and this is why i go there. now to folding up monster stroller and loading it, oops forgot to unload bags from underneath, ok, now put stroller in back of suv. walking to the front and damn it both binkies are in the side pockets of stroller....go to back, pull out stroller, find binkies, reload stroller and close door. and all the while there they are still blocking the aisle and staring daggers through me, as if i caused a ripple in their day. at this point i want to walk calmly over to their car, which surely is a parent's car, right.....and let them know the empty spot four spaces over is still empty and right now i think my children and i may watch several episodes of barney in the back of said suv and possibly order pizza because i would love to ruin their day! but i didn't......
and it is not just teenagers who do this, but adults....visiting my not so friendly walmart the last several times and i am amazed at how many people will sit there and wait while i unload 30+ bags into my truck, buckle both girls and put up my buggies. seriously people a few extras is not going to kill you, it may help you hit the recommended 10,000 steps a day. i will have to find a comical way to endure these happenings because they really make me want to straight up freak out on someone and it just might be the friendly starbuck barista who forgets to hand me izzy's vanilla milk box or pours one to many ounces of heavily caloried cream into my coffee.
i am open to suggestions or even the name of a super awesome anger management counselor.

No comments: