Wednesday, November 26, 2008

all i want for christmas is....

so, jeff returned home Sunday night....it was very emotional for the girls having not seen their dad in over three weeks. for me, the lap top returned and thus hopefully my ability to release in the form of a blog. in the past few weeks, if by chance, being in the office i felt i could do a little writing for myself, all i could come up with was the negative (by 9pm all i felt was negative). without unleashing my poor poor me...my life can totally suck pity party, i will say it takes a lot to keep up with both girls now 11 months and 26 months plus answer the phone to which keeps the business going, oh, and all the work in the office. i really thought about running away and even began to doubt my parenting abilities.....however, my husband is home now and well, i should have a bit of a break for the next ten days until he leaves again.*
i started christmas shopping last week and in one morning completed about a 1/3 of my list. while izzy was in school annie and i made our way around the shopping center down the street from her school. i also purchased myself a christmas present (that leaves either two small ones for you husband or one big one). as for my christmas list this is what i want....1) world peace, 2) all neglected children tended too, and 3) a decision regarding the overgrown golf course behind our house. OK, for the real self deserving list...1) i really really want those new diamond earrings i have been asking for the past three years (yes, husband please ask your brother for guidance and inside knowledge to any "great" deals on a pair tiffany princess cut studs) 2) a would like to receive a day at the spa to be pampered while YOU keep up with both girls, not calling your mom over to lend a hand and finally 3) a date night for us, nothing fancy (no, i don't need dinner at my favorite restaurant lonesome dove)...just the two us...we could go to the movies and wonder around barnes and noble, just like the days before babies.
thanksgiving will be at our house this year. i had my mother talk to my aunt (only because she can talk in the evenings and well, i look at my phone ringing after 6pm and wish i had a voodoo doll to poke your eyes out with because that is my most crazy, at my wits end time of the day) and explain to her that while i could contain izzy in her house, annie is a different story. i would be "fighting" her all day and well, there would be no way to stay for game night. so, dinner is at our house this year and i am not in the least bit stressed. i plan to set the table tonight and bake anything i decide we can not live without, leaving only the turkey, smashed potatoes, dressing and brussel sprouts for tomorrow.
during my emotional i may not make it days while jeff was gone my wonderful bnl and snl had her baby and i would like to congratulate chris and krista on the birth of whitney josephine. we only wish yall were not in washington and are counting the days until we meet the newest longspaugh girl!
well, i better be off and oh, wash brussell sprouts or something.....happy thanksgiving to everyone and enjoy the time with your family and friends ( even if you need to start the day with a drink to do so...this is what i do when not preggos!) if you are crazy enough to shop on black friday..i wish you all the luck and patience in the world.

oh, if anyone is doing the turkey trot thanksgiving morning look for us...we will be the ones with the monster orange stroller, black lab and babci toting her king charles through the crowd of people. i may even make my husband a thermos of bloody mary!

*i should note that cade was extremely helpful the last week or so...picking up the living room every night, not complaining when i would beg for a five minute shower, and in general just being here to give me some support. however, i do think he was trying to make up for the phone call his math teacher made to me to let me know he eggs on the class clown and she was fed up.

No comments: