Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i heart my iphone...

so, for my birthday present to myself, or rather from my husband, (does he know my birthday past yet???) i bought an iphone. i have been debating it for a long time~ a) no insurance available, remember annie just dropped my phone in the bathtub with a sweet giggle, b) do i need another reason not to pay attention to the road while driving, if you read shauna glenn's blog you know this can be dangerous and costly, c) am i really the person who NEEDS anything other than starbucks, d) for that same $200 i could buy myself quite the day at a spa.

the pros....a) i work on the go all the time and well, the iphone sure would make that easier, b) i can keep up with my weight watchers with the touch of an application (really there are thousands), c) could my fascination with checking my facebook account be any more dangerous behind the wheel than my watching CNN on my vu?, d) finally, a day at the spa while extremely pregnant may not be worth $200.

so, i bought my iphone and i use it constantly. i never charged my phone in the bedroom because well sometimes people think calling for emergency service at 3 am is a good idea...or i get the "i did not expect you to answer, i just need to have a leaky hose bib looked at sometime this week" call at midnight. but, i can not separate myself from it....i may miss an email, or a text, or even better i may miss a new comment on facebook, so now my iphone charges right next to my pillow. it even has this nice cricket chirp that i use for my morning alarm. now i have not actually plugged my phone into itunes and downloaded anything yet...but this is only because i need to create a new account due to cade taking mine over and adding several hundred songs, i guess you call today's rap music...i prefer to call it &%$#. but, i have figured out how to write myself notes with the service schedule and then email it to the guys, i love that when someone sends you a phone # you can tap it and call without having to write the numbers down first, i love the rolling text conversations, and mostly i love having all my favorite websites bookmarked for quick access.

well, since i am probably the last person with an iphone, this is boring you.....

if you are a facebook person and happen to have noticed my mother's "crazy" comments lately, she had a foot bone reconstruction surgery last week and well, my guess she is loving her "happy" pills. i apologize for her now.....

speaking of, i would also like to thank my youngest sister for setting up her facebook account and navigating mother to my blog. these were my only two sources of venting....i don't think i have it in me to spill my feelings knowing someone will be reading them and in turn have her feelings hurt. i may need to guest blog on a fellow blogger's page....

my bedroom, bathroom and nursery have finally been painted. as many of you know....i am a color person, white/cream walls do not work well for me. i did not realize how much i disliked the taupey color on the walls in those three rooms until they were painted. now i am working on the nursery....sadly, i am not making decisions quickly and am beginning to worry about time running out before the bedding is completed and a cradle in the room. we finally picked out a name, probably won't announce until baby girl #3 is here, i will tell you it was not my first pick, however, i like knowing it is jeff's favorite.

i will post pictures of the changes to the backyard soon.....my husband saw his vision for the 1/2 acre i never did, kinda like the vision i have for my kitchen that he does not!

3 comments:

tracie b said...

you can guest blog on mine anytime! oh, as far as the iphone, there are a ton of kid's games that mac LOVES. it is great for entertaining her...and i also put some movies on there for her to watch! enjoy! looking forward to seeing you saturday!

Hayley said...

I still don't have an ipod. Talk about behind the times!!

riscky party of four said...

My boys play with my iphone all the time too. I don't really like it but it does entertain them in times of need:)