Tuesday, September 9, 2008

adding to the list of must haves...

so, i have decided today to go along with the everything else my husband must cringe and bite his tongue because i am spending our retirement money must haves i need a personal chef. i don't mean someone that comes in every day and prepares three well-balanced nutrient enriched meals; more like someone that comes in once a week and lays out a menu for us. i would expect this person to line out five evenings of meals with instructions on what needs to be done to complete. i could probably even purchase the neccesary groceries...i would be motivated to go shopping with the direction of a professional to what i need to put in my shopping cart. if this magical person could pre-cut and slice all the vegetables, grate the cheeses and will just make dinner preparation like a paint by numbers for me. actually, that is a really good idea, my new personal chef should put color stickers on tupperware to make it really easy for me; something like red for meats, green for veggies, blue for sauces, etc .

i used to love to cook...it has always been one of my passions. i love trying new receipes and even thought about starting my own catering business..nothing to big just high end cocktail parties and fancy birthday gatherings. but, with everything else i have on my daily plate (no pun intended) i just can't wrap my brain around putting together a meal. it is as if i have never cooked before....

breakfast i can handle, eggs for the girls or several different fruits and yogurt, cereal or yogurt shake for me. lunch is usually some pasta with butter and a bit of cheese, boiled veggie, and fruit for the girls (if we are home to eat or it is a turkey sandwich and fruit cup from starbucks if we had chick fil a already that week) and i pick at whatever. but, as you can see it is almost 5:45 and i would rather blog about what we are having for dinner instead of cooking something.

please don't tell dear husband that i am starting the search for the perfect personal chef, to go along with my cleaning ladies who start ironing and putting away the laundry next week, my frequent stops to the carwash because i can't help but feed the girls in suv but can not stand the crumbs everywhere, my obsession with internet shopping, bi-weekly trips for fandango to the groomer, window washer that is going to clean all these really gross windows, and painters that finish my projects because i can only start them but never finish them. and if you do happen to tell him, please remind him i am answering some days 100+ phone calls (not exaggerating, i need to post one day of my calls), making the service schedule, returning emails, sending faxes, working many many late nights, and of course taking care of our two beautiful girls and all this takes a lot out of me.



i am going to post this without rereading it so please forgive me of my typos....i need to change diapers and gather snacks to run out the door for nephew' first football game. i hope to sit down tonight and tell you all about izzy's first day of preschool! i am so proud of her......

1 comment:

tracie b said...

could you find me one in austin while you are at it?? i'm the same way...i used to love to cook. now, i just don't have the energy! i did cook tonight...cory caught some fish at the lease this weekend and i cooked those and some potatoes. first time i've cooked in i don't know how long!