Thursday, September 11, 2008

first day of school

well, as usual things are just nuts around here. it is amazing how i try every week to get caught up and it never happens. i know a big part of it is getting the girls to bed earlier again....they used to be in bed by 7:30 and now it has creeped up closer to 8:30.
please notice the shoes izzy is wearing. they were given to us by our friend with a very "girly" girl... the sandal is super cute and i have been begging her to wear them all summer...now as summer is wrapping up she has decided they are the best shoes ever. izzy will probably try to wear them right through winter.

so, izzy made it through her first day of preschool. at first she was so excited and wanted to wear her backpack and carry her lunchbox. she practically ran to the front door of the church and was such a big girl walking ahead of me all the way. once in her classroom she started out great and began playing with the toys but when i told her annie and i were leaving and would be back after lunch she started to cry. well, as you can imagine her crying started the other four children in the class to cry. i just turned my back and walked out the door because i know deep down she would be okay. i also know deep down that if i did not have annie with me there is no way i would have walked out the door and left my first very sensitive baby alone to cry with a total stranger. once out the door i waited in the hallway to see how long they all cried......next thing i know here comes one helper to the room and then a few minutes later another. my rational side knows three adults can calm down five crying toddlers "eventually" and i left the building.

annie and i headed down the road to my favorite running trail in ftw through the overton woods park and some how i ran 4 miles with her snoozing away. this was a huge step for me as a parent....i left my 23 month old at preschool, the child i have only been apart one night from since birth, my sweet daughter the one that would cry until she vomits when i leave her with someone; i took time for myself, a whole hour to run a path that has brought me many a tranquil meditation miles, i ate lunch at chipotle with only one baby to entertain, and hopped right through many small errands.

when i got there to pick izzy up she stood next to her teacher, ms. mia and just stared at me. she would not come over to me......just stood there and stared at me. this is one of izzy's tricks, she has already learned that it hurts mommy's feelings when she does not acknowledge me when i return to her after one of my very few moments away from her. all in all she survived and so did i.......i think we are both growing up!


this is a picture of our bed the other night after baby up-chuck's late night explosion. there was no way i was going to fight her crib and put another sheet on it that night! and of course, izzy has daddy wrapped around her pinky and can get him to put her in our bed whenever she wants. unfortuneltly i never sleep well with everyone in the bed........

No comments: