Tuesday, June 24, 2008

are you wondering if we made storytime?

Well....i know you have been sitting on the edge of your couch in front of the tv with another rerun of some "i can cook like that" show on food network today just wondering did she make it to storytime.....stay tuned

first, it was the morning from hell and i mean literally. i believe it was some form of punishment handed my way for all my harsh uncaring comments i tend to throw around about whomever may be on my shit list and believe me the list changes daily. i am awaken from my deep sleep by the phone ringing over and over....all i can think is do people with plumbing problems really think i am going to answer at 6:15 in the morning? i rush for the phone and realize it is jeff calling me not a customer freaking out over a small drip from a faucet in a bathroom they never use. i quickly hop on the internet to answer his questions and send off a fax to fix his problem only to hear annie stirring in her sleep. with great hope i mix her a bottle thinking maybe, just maybe, if i put her in my bed with a warm bottle she will sleep for another hour or two......and then just as her bottle is almost drained and she is drifting back to sleep, dear sweet izzy awakes and commences to shout in this thundering, shreeking voice, "annie, annie, annie, annie, annie". obviously i am getting up NOW! from this point on i am answering the phone (why some days does it ring so much before 10am), making breakfast, feeding both girls~no easy task, listening to mickey mouse sing the hot dog dance song knowing it will stick with me throughout the day, attempting to brush my teeth, take that morning aaaaahhhhh pee, straighten up before the cleaning ladies* come and get ready to head off to storytime because today I AM GOING TO MAKE IT!

along with going to storytime i have a list of errands to run (where does that come from anyway, i never have understood why we RUN errands, odd choice of words being as they take all day to complete). first stop pottery barn ( i LOVE me some pb of any kind) to return the curtains for the girls room that i purchased online. i made the selection as i normally do in the evening with a glass of wine or two in my system not wanting to wake the girls up by actually going in their room and measuring the windows, i guess.....so to the point, i have to make all my pbkids returns at the locale pb store because for some reason the people that study the demographics for new locations do not believe us folk in fort worth are worthy enough for a pbkids store. while pregnant with my first baby i actually drove to dallas a dozen times...crazy i know. of course, the oh, looks who's back with yet another return helpful decorative assistant (is that the correct pc title for salesperson?) dawdles through the process while i am trying to keep my kiddos from creating any unexpected purchases. check done with that stop on to the cingular store because i have ruined, broken and completely destroyed yet another phone. now mind you i have studied the local stores and believe without a doubt i found the best one....we are talking helpful, never too busy and always looking to save me a few bucks sales people. i would share this prize location but it may ruin it for me. so...no matter how i try it is impossible to get out of there under an hour and having not spent several hundred dollars.

okay, so you might have guessed by now.....we did not make it to storytime! but, i want you to know i really did try......it was just one of those damn days where nothing goes right. good news though, i have two story hours to try and make tomorrow, but don't tell jeff i am going to drive my super large suv 25 miles each way at almost $4 a gallon just to go to let some stranger read to our children because he will tell you i can stay home and do that myself.

off to the office to attempt and catch up on some work......

why do i always run around freaking as my husband says on cleaning day.....some how i work harder on cleaning day putting all the crap that piles up in every room of the house away. WHY...because i would hate to see what my weekly fee would be if i didn't. and please don't judge me, i can hear it now, "oh, amy is one of those people". my cleaning ladies are what puts some of the sanity back into my life, really, it is one of the few things i feel i truly deserve since i don't technically get a paycheck from our business. no hey i really want those shoes spending allowances coming my way nor a good job this year how about a big fat bonus check....i take it where i can get it and that comes in the form of a crew that attempt to put my house back in order.

No comments: