Saturday, June 28, 2008

never cut a woman's hair....

when she is pregnant or nursing.....way to many hormones running through the system to make a good solid decision regarding something a precious as our hair. while i was pregnant with izzy i had really long hair that took years to grow and before the i can't breathe it is so hot outside and i feel like an elephant summer of 2006, i loved my hair. i could do anything with it...i had the perfect amount of layers, not too many, not to short. i could let it air dry and show off a great wave or blow dry it to a soft silky finish or throw it up in a "messy but put together" bun in a second. after telling my hairstyling professional several times to cut it off, he finally cut about 4 inches. this satisfied me for awhile then came the nursing hormones....which i swear are harder to deal with. with 35lbs left to lose of baby weight (i really blew it with my first pregnancy) he actually cut off another 6 inches and my hair now was above my shoulders....for some unknown crazy reason i thought short hair was easier to keep up with, i could throw it in a little pony at the nape of my neck, blow dry it in 5 minutes, leave it curly and bouncy, but none of this was the case, i just felt unattractive, fat and depressed.



fast forward a year and here i am with another baby and my hair is just barely longer than my shoulders. you wonder how come those super duper awesome nail and hair growing prenatal vitamins did not give my head the little extra it needed to grow a bit more than 4 inches, well my friend, my hair has to be "trimmed" every time it is colored (i am paranoid of split ends, i will sit with scissors and cut them myself creating my own look)and those little baby growing vitamins made my roots show every six weeks to the point i looked like i belonged in a brittnay spears video.



point being....i hate my hair! it has way to many layers, is extremely hard to blow dry because of layered cut, doesn't always have the curly waves that can easily air dry and defiantly does not pull back in a messy bun.



i am keeping my fingers crossed the last 35lbs of izzy weight (lost all of annie's already)and my hair grows back out for a omg, did you receive the longspaugh family christmas card, they are so cute and amy, she looks awesome reaction.



with just over 5 months i better be wishing for a small miracle~



No comments: