Wednesday, July 23, 2008

how to cure a funk

so, i have not been blogging as much lately.....i am in a deep funk. yes, i know i have so many things in my life to be happy about and grateful for, but hey some times you just feel a bit blue. without going into a pity party for myself, i am trying reorganize my home and office and make both run more efficiently, plus i am trying to log in at least 45 minutes of extreme exercise a day.*

anyhoo, i am sitting here in my bedroom putting the girls down for a morning nap so we can go take some overly priced studio portraits, you know the ones my husband believes are a true waste of money. he prefers the day to day pictures and i really like to have both, especially during that first year. back to my point, i am watching the second part of the today show, which is hard to watch these days because i really don't like kathy lee gifford.....she just gets on my nerves and is always interrupting hoda....and back to my point again. shirley mclain is on today and trust me i do believe she is a bit of a nut job, but she just said something truly inspiring to me in my current funk.

"you know the saying, seeing is believing, well i believe it is believing is seeing"


and these words just hit me somewhere deep in that place where i finally get it is my attitude towards my daily life that is making it unbearable right now. if i believe in my own ability to change the stress and priorities that consume me each day than i will see the difference in my kiddos, marriage, home and 24 hours a day consuming business. no one else can do this for me......thus i am setting forth with a new attitude today!

here are the girls feeding the ducks last night. i was leaning over their heads trying to capture a frontal view photo just waiting to lose my balance and fall over into the lake and ruin yet another camera!


this picture just made me tear up.....i am so lucky to have this beautiful family!

*okay, i am off to jump on the elliptical for a quick 30 minutes before we need to leave...tonite is the first "family yoga night" . i figure if i can not get out to the studio anymore i will bring the studio here. hopefully no one will complain over my turning off the a/c in the front of the house to raise the temperature to optimal stretching warmth. i actually purchased several power yoga dvds because i am very picky about my yoga trainers and really like to push myself. i will let y'all know which is my favorite and if one of them just plain sucks. (no, cade, you can not spend the night away.....)

No comments: