Thursday, July 17, 2008

so really putting myself out there....


a few pictures of our completed float in the neighborhood parade...pretty damn good work if you ask me especially for first time, last minute float designers.

this is how i found jeff and izzy last friday night when i finally came out of the office around 3am.
so for the first time in several weeks i am actually sitting in bed well before midnight. i dreamt about this all day (especially after reading a friend's blog and living through her toddler free moment she is having. just wait girl, two will change this).....both girls have not been getting enough sleep lately either, therefore it should be really easy for us all to get to bed early. by 7:00 I was one down with one to go and she was watching happy feet in our room surely she will fall asleep soon. *note added later (while I was putting away the toys Izzy decided to get up and check out the commotion therefore not going to bed until late again.)
so, I am a freak about how things are put away....or at least the things I want to be a control freak about. jeff was sitting there talking to me while i started removing all the toys from the should be store extra blankets while being a foot stool ottoman but really is a leather box that stores toys, acts as a stage for izzy's theatrical shows and table top for the bribery snacks i gives the girls so they can watch barney in the living room while preparing dinner and he starts to help. He starts by putting some of the big things in and then says "what about these, why are they out"...opening the door to my explanation of system for putting toys away. i explain, "all the little toys that are not related to bigger toys go in this box, while baby accessories belong in this basket, however, all the parts to each toy must be together, therefore everything looks real inviting in the morning when i open the lid with a big TAADAA for the girls.
but, i am like that with everything, thus the other day i almost lost it when he did not wrap a diaper up with the wipes inside preventing any potty germs from touching the diaper genie in any way. i have this vision in my head of little gross potty germs climbing there way out of the diaper pail and into the girls beds cuddling up with them and the binkies they put in their cute little mouths. however, this one back fired on me because i think the few diapers jeff changes a month he has vowed to himself not to do anymore because i just might freak out on him and his inablity to wrap a diaper like a true pro.

Annie playing...notice cardboard box next to her just waiting for her to pull out all sorts of surprises...this is part of my madness.

mommy's little helper

okay, here it is....it has taken all of the above blog for me to talk myself into what follows...

a couple of weeks ago jeff's brother posted the pictures from our trip to the guadalupe and while i really enjoyed all the special moments caught on camera i choked, started to hyperventilate, and then cry when i saw the few photos of myself. now i know i gained a shit load of unnecessary weight while preggos with izzy. if i am going to do this, i might as well go all the way......i gained 80lbs...yes, i know what the fuck was i thinking. i went from being the hot married gal that religiously went to the gym daily, usually in bike shorts having just completed a spin class, relaxing in a sweat session of power yoga and followed up with an easy 5 mile run on my way home to the whale of a pregnant person. so, point is i still have around 40lbs (the amount most normal women choke on when reached during pregnancy) and 4 sizes to go until i am back to my i feel comfortable in my own skin, bring on the confident six-pack toting lean machine i am accustomed too.

with tears running down my face, my dear sweet husband tells me i can find a good deal on an elliptical for the house "but nothing to cheap, it has to be a good one". prior this moment of self pity on my part he would tell me to use the gym, walk the girls in the overpriced stroller i had to have (even though it is 100 degrees outside), hop on my bike or just plain watch what i eat. he being one of those people that has rarely been 5lbs over his weight of 10 years. he forgets he physically works out all day long every day and can shovel what ever is the fastest thing around to eat down his throat....

so i found a not cheap, but dirt cheap elliptical and we set out last weekend for dallas (why is everything i look for on craigslist in the dallas area? do the good people in ftw never feel the need to sell anything i want) to pick it up. in the past 5 days i have burned almost 3000 calories and this thing is awesome. i can hop on in the evening for a little tori and dean or next foodnetwork star trash tv watching party or in the morning jump on while the girls watch mickey mouse and play together and try to read one of the 8 magazines i receive monthly collecting dust on my night stand.

with that i just might throw up feeling i have right now........i am going to post the inspirational video jeff took during my first voyage as a public commitment to a healthier me or rather the omg amy looks fantastic christmas card i want to take this year. oh, and please no comments on my unmade bed....my really awesome husband (he is so off my shit list these days)took a nap earlier with izzy and i never re-made the bed.

i will post another video in three months and share my progress along with weekly updates.......good luck to me!

No comments: