Monday, July 28, 2008

not going to cry over spilled milk....



so we have been out of milk for three days.....yeah, another award for mother and wife of the year headed my way,. i have found so many conveniences with the internet like, blogging to relieve myself of thoughts taking over my limited brain space, online shopping (most of it does get returned, nothing beats actually trying stuff on), online shopping for the girls (love my gap card...lots of discount coupons and free shipping with my "gold card"), amazon exploring (this is like hitting every store in the mall in one stop) oh, and of course, craigslist and ebay (for all your slightly used shopping needs). the one thing i have not found yet is how to grocery shop online....years ago when i was in college there was a website (i have no idea what it was anymore but they had a green and white delivery truck). i don't understand this....there has to be other people other than myself that find finding time to make that weekly/biweekly/monthly depending on schedule shopping trip near to impossible. for me it takes being out of milk and dear sweet husband saying, "we are out of milk again" for me to schedule a trip to the grocery store. this is no small feat because like i have said before*.....i despise the stores near me....it just puts me in a bad mood thinking about it. more than likely i will stop by 7/11 for a quick gallon because i know i have something scheduled for every day this week that will put me near my beloved central market.

this past weekend was dear husbands birthday and i surprised him and and a few of his friends with a box to the horse races at lone star park. we had a wonderful time, that being said, it is crazy how hard i work (like before the cleaning ladies come) to line every thing up for my truly awesome M-in-L. she stayed with both girls on saturday for over eight hours......i am not sure i have ever left izzy for this long except during the birth of her sister and then i was out of the hospital and home in 24 hours. however, she did a wonderful job and we walked in the door to this....

so......once we got to the races i gulped down a miller lite so fast i was embarrassed to look around and see i finished long before any of the other guys in our box did......slowly moving my bone dry cup to the back of the monitor on the table as i waited for the waiter to come by and bring me another one. i slowed down after the second and switched to diet dp for the next two rounds. i forget what it is like to be a part of the real world, you know one, without atleast one baby strapped to my side....one without the need to stop and change a diaper every time i can find a little privacy....one where i can talk to other "adults" and not be interrupted...one where hell it was okay to shout "oh, fuck", when i realized i bet on the right horse but not in the right way to win a small fortune (well, enough to pay for my starbucks habit the next two weeks). so anyways, i felt human again when we returned home and to top it all off we had dinner at my newest fav sushi joint, sushi axiom.

on sunday the girls and i joined jeff on a little road trip to somewhere between rockwall and sulpher springs to pick up a mower of some kind for the tractor we lugged out to granbury a few weeks back to purchase. gotta love craigslist! on the way back we stopped somewhere east of dallas and lake ray hubbard (i know kept up with landmarks..) at chucke cheese to burn off some of izzy's energy from being couped up in the suv all afternoon. now don't get me wrong, i like the fuzzy rat pizza shop as much as the next guy, but it truly trips me out to people watch there. in some ways it is actually a boost to my confidence level.....there are some scary people out there. it also made me realize most of the time in my stressed out, overly scheduled, lack of sleep state i am a pretty good mother, no i am a damn good mother. kuddos to all you out there who don't realize panty lines are not meant to be seen in public (i at least cover mine up when in the world outside of my front curb), thunder thighs are okay, but should also be covered up, the salad bar is not a "diet" with a plate full of lettuce drenched in ranch, non wearing bra lady or lady with racer back tank and regular bra....because of you i am feeling pretty good about my non showering, hairblow drying, three outfits that actually fit, forgot the make up wearing self!!!

*just realized i never posted my blog about grocery stores.....will finish it and get it up so maybe this makes more sense.

No comments: